Beginning January 20th we are resuming meeting together at the Heritage centre for Prayer Gathering and 'Experiencing God' study in room 4. January 24th we resume our Worship Gathering in the common area just outside of room 4. For both please bring and wear a masks or face shield as per government order. Hand sanitzer will be at the door should you want to use it. For Worship Gathering upon entering grab a chair and have your household sit at least 6" apart for any other household. If you are not yet a part of NLCC you are welcome to visit our Worship Gatherings.
If you want to be a part of this event, but do not want to attend due to covid-19 you can watch the livestream by scanning the above QR code or clicking our youtube livestream link.
Welcome the homepage of New Life Christian Community (NLCC). God has been leading us to start a new ministry (church).
Our vision statement is: The purpose of NLCC is to bring glory to God by Evangelizing the lost, Discipling the body, Praying in corporate unity, Worshiping God in spirit and truth, and Fellowshipping together in Biblical community.
When we use the term 'community' we are referring to those who are a part of missional community in NLCC. If the term 'community' is meant in a different context it will be identified as so. For example if we refer to Onoway as our community we will say, "our community of Onoway."
What is a missional community? It is a group of Christians who live life together. We are involved in each other's lives, not just on Sundays, but throughout the week. This involves getting together through out the week and communicating via phone, email and texting. We build into each other's lives so that we will become more like Jesus together. This takes great commitment which we expect of each other and hold each other to.
We do invite anyone who would like to join us in building up the kingdom of God. A large part of our ministry is prayer and evangelism. We want to be a Christian Community that grows through making new disciples for Jesus.
If you would like to receive our newsletter to know how you can pray for and support us please sign-up at the bottom of the page.
For more information please contact Pastor Kevin through our contact page and visit our youtube channel or facebook page by clicking the appropriate icon at the top or bottom of the page.
For the month of January we are calling our church for a corporate time of fasting to hear from God for His direction for us through 2021.
Note: If you are unable to fast from food for medical reasons you may choose something else to refrain from as a “fast”.
- Choose one day a week, in each week of January to fast for 24 hours.
- Fast for a 24 hour period. You can choose to fast from breakfast to breakfast or lunch to lunch or supper to supper. For whichever period you choose to fast eat that meal on both days. So if you choose to fast from supper to supper you would eat your supper meal then fast until the next day supper meal, skipping only breakfast and lunch.
- For the meals you are fasting from use the time you would normally spend on meal preparations and eating for prayer. Don’t use this time for any other purpose other than prayer.
- The prayer times you have in place of a meal can include: reading the scriptures, meditating on the scriptures, singing praises, bringing requests to God or being silent before God.
- The purpose for this fast is to hear from God for His direction for our NLCC.
- At the end for your fast write down, or video/audio record what you believe God is saying to you. Test what you believe God is saying to see if it is in line with the Scriptures. If God is revealing something to you that He is directing you to share with the church, please do so at our Vision Gathering, provided you are on the NLCC roll. (To understand what it means to be on the NLCC please talk to pastor Kevin).
- If you have any questions about anything regarding this fast, please contact Pastor Kevin.