New Life Counselling Services is an extension of New Life Christian Community, a faith-based community serving the Town of Onoway and area since 2019. Led by Rev. Kevin Henry (B.Th., M.Div.), a long-time resident of the Onoway area, our desire for this service is to help individuals, couples, families, and special interest groups (e.g., addictions recovery, grief recovery) resolve personal issues and challenges through sound Bible-based Christian counselling, mentoring, and supportive prayer. While there are several legitimate and recognized types of secular counseling available, many of these services often ignore the faith and spiritual aspects that contribute to a hurting person’s issue resolution and healing. Often, Christian believers, especially, seek to find counselling and guidance help within the safe setting of their Christian faith and community.
At New Life Counselling Services, we believe:
- Counselling needs a holistic approach. This includes acknowledging and addressing a person’s spiritual well-being as part of the overall healing process.
- Effective counselling will be rooted in Biblical truth and practices.
- Faith and discipleship are important contributors to a person’s healing.
- Medical or mental health intervention is sometimes required as part of a person’s healing process. We do not hesitate to recommend or refer a client to these professionals when we discern their services are needed or would benefit the client’s healing process. When it is evident that the client needs greater help than we can offer, we are humble enough to seek help from others.
Our Vision is to help people find freedom from mental, emotional and spiritual pain.
Bio: About Rev. Kevin Henry
Rev. Kevin Henry, his wife Sheri, and their three “preteen”/teenaged children have resided in the Onoway area since 2008. A graduate of Edmonton’s Taylor Seminary (Bachelor of Theology, Master of Divinity credentials), Kevin has served as lead Pastor in a variety of Christian denominations (North American Baptist, Christian & Missionary Alliance, Evangelical Free Church of Canada, Evangelical Covenant) in western Canada and, more recently, in the Onoway region. Kevin now serves as pastor of New Life Christian Community, a non-denominational Christian community that meets regularly at the Onoway Heritage Centre. Kevin’s passion is to see people set free from their mental and emotional pain.
Types of Counselling Services offered:
- Personal counselling
- Spiritual counselling
- Marriage / pre-marital counselling
- Family counselling
- Personal Prayer Support
- One-on-one counselling
- Couples counselling
- Family counselling
- Group counselling programs
- New Life Christian Community Ministry Centre, Room 4, Onoway Heritage Centre (subject to COVID health restrictions)
- Online counselling
Fees: Sliding scale, based on income level, for personal and couples counselling. Flat fee for special group counselling programs.
|Annual Income Level||Rate/hour|
|$0 - $59,999||$30|
|$60,000 - $79,999||$40|
|$80,000 - $89,999||$50|
|$90,000 - $99,999||$70|
Future Counselling Services:
- Conflict Resolution
- Addictions and Recovery counselling
For more information, please contact Rev. Kevin Henry at:
or email (Only Kevin will see your email).